Monday, July 23, 2012

Rib Steak with New Potatoes and Corn on the Cob


I knew I wanted some kind of beef steak today but the best deal I could come up with was 3 8oz rib steaks from New Zealand for $12.  So I have an extra in the fridge for lunch later this week. I soaked the corn for 30 minutes in cold water before putting it on the BBQ which was ~400º.  I kept it there for 30 minutes turning the corn occasionally.

I boiled the potatoes and fried the mushrooms in butter on the stove.  The steaks I seasoned with my Beef Rub and cooked for 8 minutes on High heat, 2 minutes per grill mark per side. Salt and butter on the corn on the plate and butter and chives in the potatoes. The mushrooms were fried with a little butter, salt and pepper.  A very simple meal to prepare but the taste was phenomenal, not Angus, but close.

The corn was just barely done and I ended up with burnt corn husks everywhere so next time I think I'll just use a big pot and boil the corn on the cob.

No comments:

Post a Comment