Saturday, July 28, 2012

Dijon Pork Chop with Greek Salad



I was originally going to make souvlaki but time ran out so I just coated both sides of the chops with Dijon mustard and grilled them on the BBQ. Plain old basmati rice under the chop but I let the juice from the chop drip down onto the rice which flavored it nicely.

Greek salad is basic:

cucumber chopped
tomatoes chopped
chives (or sweet or red onion)
black olives
feta cheese
dried or fresh oregano or parsley or nothing
salt
pepper
1 lemon juiced
1/4 cup xv olive oil/rice oil (I use more than half rice oil so the xv olive oil doesn't overpower)

Toss and serve.

It was all particularly delicious despite only taking half an hour to prepare, much to my surprise.  I guess making good food is becoming a habit. It's a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment