Thursday, May 31, 2012

Pork shish-kabobs


I wanted pork today but not another roast. I decided to buy chops and make kabobs.  I cubed up the chops and put them in a bowl with salt, pepper, fresh garlic, lots of fresh oregano, and a sprig each of rosemary and thyme all chopped up. To that I added 2 tablespoons of cooking oil and juice of half a lemon and tossed it all to mix.  I covered the bowl and put it in the fridge to marinate.  I should have soaked my bamboo skewers in water for half an hour so the ends wouldn't burn on the BBQ but forgot.  Didn't seem to matter. I made up the skewers with just red pepper and a mushroom. I had 3 chops to use up!

The kabobs are served on white rice cooked with half water half chicken stock.  Frozen peas on the side.  Not a complicated meal but I fixed holes in the wall this afternoon that I made when installing new electric cables and outlets into the kitchen wall.  Still a bit more mudding to do but I can now use the microwave, toaster and induction element at the same time without popping a breaker anywhere. So I didn't feel like spending a lot more time in the kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment