Saturday, May 19, 2012

Not Cajun Snapper!

We have company so my usual routine to photograph dinner isn't working out but the food is still great!
I wanted to try something a little different since I'm finally wearing out Cajun. I like the heat and full flavor but I'd like something a little different. I was looking for a southwestern type flavor and this rub definitely has that influence with a little cumin.

Snapper Rub

1 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp onion powder
1 tsp cayenne
2 tsp paprika
1 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp dried thyme
1/4 tsp cumin


Make sure to remove any small bits of skin still on the fillet. The skin tastes really fishy and unpleasant so you have to get it all off. Season the fillets and pop them in a hot frying pan. Mashed potatoes and vegetables on the side round out a full, different and satisfying meal.


No comments:

Post a Comment