Friday, April 27, 2012

Southwest Chicken with white wine gravy



Southwest spice is slightly different than Cajun, it has cumin and coriander, but for my purpose yelling 'YeeHaaa' while lightly sprinkling Cajun on the chicken will suffice.  I seared both sides in the pan then popped the breasts in the oven for 25-30 minutes at 375ยบ.  I had the potatoes bubbling lightly and the veggies were in the microwave (I just made stock in the steamer so I had nuke).

For the gravy I browned half a diced onion in oil and a little butter for flavor.  When it was golden I sprinkled a teaspoon of flour over it and stirred that in. Next I added stock till it was runny and then a splash of white wine.  A dash of Worcestershire and some salt and pepper. Taste, adjust, taste again. With the spice already on the chicken, that should be pretty good. It was, I plated it and scarfed it down in a few minutes.

I also made banana bread this afternoon which I'm going to enjoy right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment