Monday, April 9, 2012

Cajun Halibut with Fries and Artichoke Heart Salad


Fresh halibut was on special today, it was still $3.49/100gm so two small pieces was almost $10! No wonder I don't buy it often. I decided to do what I knew so I got out my trusty Cajun spice and a good frying pan. I really like fish and chips and it had been a while since I had the deep fryer out so that's what we had.  These were yellow flesh potatoes and they were quite good fried. Mashed they aren't all that special but deep fried the flavor really came out. That's ordinary ketchup on the fries.

The condiment is simply mayonnaise with sweet relish and a teaspoon of fresh lemon juice, some salt and pepper. It was surprisingly good. The salad is compliments of my partner Fern. It is roasted sweet peppers, artichoke hearts, English cucumber, black olive, red onion and feta cheese. Dressed with extra virgin olive oil and red balsamic vinegar. He found the roasted peppers kind of slimy in the salad so he'll leave 'em fresh next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment