Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Cajun Chicken with frozen vegetables

Broccoli is on special but we had it last night and I felt like something else.  I like peas and corn and I have them both frozen but I haven't tried 2 frozen vegetables on the same plate. So why not? I do frozen vegetables in the microwave which gives fairly consistent results. My partner doesn't like mixed vegetables, they should be separate so I had to find a way to cook them together but not mixed.  A divided glass dish would be perfect but I've never seen an appropriate one.  I decided to put the corn in a plastic bag and put the bag in the glass dish with the frozen peas so both vegetables will be ready at the same time.  I put a little chicken stock in with the peas and the corn.  It worked great, I strained out the corn and put it in a bowl with some butter and salt.  I drained the peas and added a pad of butter, some salt and pepper.

I had mashed potatoes and the chicken breast coated in my Cajun spice. That Cajun spice is really versatile but I really need to develop another different but equally easy recipe, I'll have to keep an eye out for good candidates.  In the mean time this makes a tasty easy meal in about 35 minutes for less than $3/person.


No comments:

Post a Comment