Monday, March 19, 2012

Rosemary Thyme Corn Pork Chop

Two beautiful pork chops today.  I'm leaving out the corn grits and using just corn flour, about a tablespoon, to coat them.  To that I added plenty of salt, some mixed pepper and 1/4 teaspoon mustard powder. I got a good inch of rosemary and a small stem of thyme and cleaned everything off the stems. I finely chopped the leaves and added them to my coating mix.

I used a hot frying pan with lots of oil on medium high heat. Gave it a good sear then turned it down to medium. These were thick chops and they took almost 10 minutes a side but it was worth the wait. Juicy and delicious.

For the snow peas I tried something new.  I broke off the stem end toward the side with the peas and pulled as much of the string off as would come.  It made them much easier to eat! The apple sauce is homemade by Fern. I think my plating is starting to improve. I keep forgetting the chives because they just started growing again, tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment