Thursday, March 15, 2012

Roast Pork Again


See Brining Pork for the methods to cook this meal.  I only had a couple of hours to brine this loin but it was enough.  I diced up potatoes and a carrot and tossed them with oil then arranged them in the roasting pan around the rack for the roast .  Then I put 3 bay leaves, a sprig of fresh thyme and fresh rosemary on top of the roast and put it in a 375º oven for about 2 hours. Shown served with 'ketchup' a French Canadian condiment my partner makes that contains tomatoes, onions and apples.  This is about the easiest meal to prepare because 2/3 of it are done in one pan in the oven. If you don't have a meat thermometer, get one. I use an electronic one with a cord but I will buy a wireless one when this one dies.

No comments:

Post a Comment