Thursday, March 29, 2012

Garlic Chicken under white wine mushroom sauce


I forgot to put the mushrooms in the stew last night, oops. I already had chicken for tonight so I decided white wine mushroom sauce, no cream. First I started the rice.  There was a rice blend that I really liked but the store stopped carrying it so I had to come up with my own.  I started with just over 1/3 cup brown basmati, and added 1/2 an ounce of pearl barley then fill up with red basmati or red thai rice to 2/3 cup. Add 2/3 cup stock and 2/3 cup water salt, pepper and cook.

To season the chicken I put the following in a plastic bag:

1 tbsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp mixed peppers
1/4 tsp cayenne

I put both breasts in the bag and shook till they were evenly coated. Seared one side in the frying pan, turned them over and put them in the oven for 25-30 minutes.

Carrots and broccoli I did in the microwave so I could concentrate of the sauce.  I diced an onion and fried it golden then took it out and put sliced mushrooms in.  Once browned I put the onions back in with salt, pepper and a teaspoon of flour. When the flour was cooked a bit I added and ounce of white wine and the same of stock.  Boil down the wine and add stock or wine if it gets too thick. This sauce was very plain tasting so I was a little afraid the meal would be bland but the spice on the chicken brought everything to life and the sauce was wonderful, on the chicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment