Thursday, March 1, 2012

Cajun Snapper



Cajun Snapper with seasonal vegetables. The skin of snapper tastes really fishy so you have to make sure you slice off every little bit of skin or someone will get a mouthful of blech. The bones are easy to pull out with needle nose pliers.  I bought a pair at the hardware store for the kitchen.  My partner hates it but I haven't found a pretty stainless steel needle nose pliers anywhere.  A chef told me he likes Craftsman so maybe I'll give that a try.

I squeezed the juice of half a lemon and dribbled it over the fish and broccoli on the plate.  I have an idea for plating.  Rather than try to arrange every plate to make it's own statement I plan to start making fancy garnishes to just drop over the food.  Hopefully the eye will fooled by a clever garnish that hides carrots, broccoli, mashed potatoes and a hunk of meat.  I managed to give myself a concussion yesterday so I'm glad I even got this together.  How did I give myself a concussion? I was making cookies and dropped something so I bent to pick it up and the cupboard door was still open directly above my head. I have a nice gash on my head too but the doctor said it would close up on it's own. So I'm taking it easy.



No comments:

Post a Comment