Sunday, February 5, 2012

Plating, I know mine is terrible

I have started photographing dishes for posts and one thing is clear, my plating is pathetic. My partner said the chicken on onions dish looked like a plate from the 1950's.  I have to agree and I'm not sure what to do about it.  I mentioned plating to our favorite chef and he agreed that it's pretty hard to put a new spin on two vegetables, starch and protein.

I'm still concentrating on flavor in and around the protein.  My partner doesn't like his protein plopped on top of his starch so that limits the possibilities a lot. We usually go out for dinner on buffet night so I'm not seeing professional plating as much as I need to. For the time being I am concentrating on protein flavor, next I'll work on vegetables and then I'll concentrate on plating.  Looks will draw people to the table but taste will keep them there.

No comments:

Post a Comment